- Cuts and scrapes
- and bruises and wounds
- are visible, to the eye
- but the pain inside
- can be hard to find.
- Sometimes your dreams
- were once reality
- and you wake up
- and you find you’re not on the battlefield not anymore,
- but still it feels
- like every moment is a bullet flying past like everyday is
- Sometimes, on some days,
- you are peppered with guilt
- haunted by “what if’s”
- wondering if you had done something different
- if the outcome would be different
- if your life would be different,
- and you know it doesn’t matter
- because you can’t go back in time
- but you wish you could.
- Sometimes you feel ready to crumble,
- ready to break,
- not ready to face today.
But you are not alone.
- There are those who have felt your pain,
- who understand your pain,
- and together, you thrive.
- There are those who do not know what it feels like
- to carry this hurt around
- like a weight you can never put down,
- but still they are there for you
- to help you apply the band-aids to your inner wounds
- and to make the weight feel less heavy.
- No matter how hurt you are,or what kind of pain you feel inside,
- there is always kindness
- and there will always be people
- willing to spread that kindness.
- All you must remember,
- is this:
- The pain will be there,
- but so will happiness.